To qualify for membership, you must meet the following requirement:
- Live or work in the El Paso County, Hudspeth County or in Doña Ana County not more than 25 miles from our 1500 North Resler office.
To establish membership, one share ($20) must be deposited and maintained in an individual or joint savings account.
As a member of GECU, you enjoy a variety of benefits:
- Savings and investment accounts to help you build a financial secure future for you and your family.
- Low-rate car loans with up to 100% financing on new and used vehicles.
- Free checking account.
- Competitive first-lien mortgage loans.
- Home equity/home improvement loans for property located in the U.S. within 150 miles of El Paso County.
- 24/7/365 service and account information by telephone or online.
- Convenient access to your money with a wide network of local and out-of-town ATMs.
- Direct deposit of all government checks and most large El Paso area employers.
- GECU membership is available to all your family.
- "Once a member, always a member" is our policy. Just keep your share account open and you'll be eligible for all GECU services even if you move out of town.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you:
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.